December 12, 2011

Considering our choices...



Considering Our Choices
By Rob Janicki
Here's something to think about.  When was the last time the Republican party had a group of potential presidential nominees that no one really liked, believed or trusted?  Can anyone really say, let alone believe, that either Gingrich or Romney, currently leading the pack of inconsequential candidates, will actually do what they have said in those seemingly endless mind numbing circus side shows, which are billed as debates, but in reality are only sound bites with the interviewers hoping to catch the participants in a "gotcha" moment?

Looking at what I have seen of these regular disasters, I think the Republican party would be better served putting their best efforts into capturing both houses of Congress, rather than worrying quite so much about these awful and frankly, embarrassing public displays of collective ineptitude.  At this stage of the primary process, I would be satisfied if the Republican party would just nominate someone, anyone, so we could all unite behind that candidate and move to make Obama a one term president, considering the disaster that he has managed to already achieve as president in just three years.

Obama, with his pathetic and pitiful record of failures should not be able to win a second term, but the Republicans, with their history of ineptitude at critical times, could still manage to turn victory into defeat.  Let's hope that does not materialize.  If it does, the Republicans better achieve a lock on both houses of Congress, otherwise we, as a nation, may never be able to recover from the results of a second Obama term. 

6 comments:

  1. That was brilliant and I agree with you 100%.

    I really want a third candidate to parachute in after all the candidates are taken ill with a mysterious though nonthreatening illness and SuperRepublican flies in and rescues us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of them already suffer from terminal RINOceritis. And it threatens our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you live in MA rhino isn't so bad. It looks like Elizabeth Warren is going to trounce Scott Brown, then we will have no Republicans in congress or state government. Democrats gone wild.
    Do you think it bothers them to have a one party state like Cuba? Not really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100%! I have had this opinion for months. I don't care if we run a dog catcher, as long as we can keep Congress and take the Senate. It would be nice to make this a one-term pres, but I'd settle for both Houses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately nothing is guaranteed. While we hope and think we will defeat Obama in 2012, who know what they will do to get another win.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete