May 13, 2014

Congratulations to me

My son and his wife Stephanie just stopped by to tell me I'm going to be a grandfather again in December.

The look on their faces and the obvious love for each other that came through in their voices took me back to a long forgotten period of my own life.

This will be number four between my three "kids"

I'm way too young for this, but I'm damn thrilled.

Thank you, God.

This song is for my son, Stephanie, and all young people who dare to live out their dreams of love.



7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Gramps! Or, do they call you Grampa or Grampy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Grandpa, I am so happy for you.
    Grandchildren are God's reward to us for not killing our kids ;).

    Hey, Rob, they could call him pop-pop lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 5 yr old Madilyne had a mini breakdown while "Papa" was in Atlantic City playing poker last week. I ain't much much in the grand scheme of things, but these kids are going to have a better life than I did as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true, so true. I thought this son deserved the death penalty as a child. Side note: My oldest boy is back from his tour in Afghanistan safe and sound. He's now a combat veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan and also a Seargeant.in the Army. I'm about ready to bust at the seams today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More like pop a top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ain't bucking for a raise here, are ya?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the safe return of your son and for his service to America, at least conservative America, since liberal America probably thinks he's a baby killer. Screw them. If it weren't for conservatives defending America, we would have already become a defeated third world country subservient to some Marxist regime. Oh, wait! We're already on that path with Obama.

    ReplyDelete