By Kim D.
Forget the IRS scandal. DOJ Eric Holder has more important issues to investigate, like a controversial 4th of July parade float in Norfolk, NE. Suspected racial discrimination has been alleged against a float depicting an
outhouse with a sign on the side which read “Obama Presidential Library.”
Also
included was a zombie-like mannequin, dressed in overalls, sporting a walker, with
hands covering its ears. Some claim this dummy is meant to depict the president. But, does Obama have green skin? Can anyone imagine a legitimate reason why he ever wear bib overalls? Does he use a geriatric walker? Since these are the most important and pressing questions of our time, DOJ Holder appears to be giving this parade float and its creator his full attention.
According to the World Herald, The U.S. Department of Justice has joined the discussions over a controversial float in the Norfolk Independence Day parade.
The float's creator, H. Dale Remmich, has openly apologized for the outrage his political parody has created. He claims those who are outraged are simply misunderstanding the political satire. "It's me. I've got on my bibs. Yes, I've got my walker. I'm turning green and some say I look like a zombie. But I am not a hate-monger and I'm not a racist.
Remmich says he did not mean any disrespect for the presidency. He also said one of the reasons that contributed to the making of the float is the ongoing issues of the Veteran's Affairs administration. "I have three very close friends that are under VA care, or lack there of it, right now."
Since the float dummy looks nothing like the president and everything like what Remmich describes, could it be that an outhouse being likened to a presidential library is considered racist? Or, is it simply political satire, an age-old attack tool of dissident, as it was when used to poke fun at President George W. Bush and his presidential legacy.



No comments:
Post a Comment