Maybe, this is the price we have to pay for not leaving someone behind. This is an incredibly sad story. We wasted our treasured manpower on someone who drugged himself into oblivion because he hated the military and our country. I believe Bowe should be released from the Military and gotten as far away from every single base in this country. No matter where he is stationed, no one will be safe while he is there. I realize that is an awful thing to say about one of our own. I do not apologize. trailbee
If Bergdahl's story, about how he came into the hands of the Taliban in Afghanistan, isn't officially investigated by the Army, then we know that Obama's reach into any illegal action is limitless.
No need to apologize - I think there are many layers to this story. From accounts of platoon members on Twitter, there is little doubt that this was a premeditated desertion. He studied the terrain and language and got to know the people well and packed his things and mailed them home before walking away from his post. Trading 5 top terrorists for his exchange is beyond incompetent. Think about the men and women who risked their lives capturing these terrorists only to let them go in an "emergency" because Bergdahl's health was failing. How many more will die once these masterminds are back in action?
Don't you think they already know how it happened? Supposedly they have a pretty thick file on him at the CIA. His platoon members are speaking and what they have to say doesn't paint a pretty picture of Bergdahl.
I never believed the narrative originally put out about Bergdahl's falling into Taliban hands. I don't recall reading about anyone coming forward from Bergdahl's army unit to make any claims of traitorous activity, like we are seeing and reading about today.
I'm just curious about the procedure for charging Bergdahl with any violations under the uniform code of military justice. If it comes down to Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel to make such a decision, I see Bergdahl walking away from any responsibility.
Maybe, this is the price we have to pay for not leaving someone behind. This is an incredibly sad story. We wasted our treasured manpower on someone who drugged himself into oblivion because he hated the military and our country.
ReplyDeleteI believe Bowe should be released from the Military and gotten as far away from every single base in this country. No matter where he is stationed, no one will be safe while he is there. I realize that is an awful thing to say about one of our own. I do not apologize. trailbee
If Bergdahl's story, about how he came into the hands of the Taliban in Afghanistan, isn't officially investigated by the Army, then we know that Obama's reach into any illegal action is limitless.
ReplyDeleteNo need to apologize - I think there are many layers to this story. From accounts of platoon members on Twitter, there is little doubt that this was a premeditated desertion. He studied the terrain and language and got to know the people well and packed his things and mailed them home before walking away from his post. Trading 5 top terrorists for his exchange is beyond incompetent. Think about the men and women who risked their lives capturing these terrorists only to let them go in an "emergency" because Bergdahl's health was failing. How many more will die once these masterminds are back in action?
ReplyDeleteDon't you think they already know how it happened? Supposedly they have a pretty thick file on him at the CIA. His platoon members are speaking and what they have to say doesn't paint a pretty picture of Bergdahl.
ReplyDeleteI never believed the narrative originally put out about Bergdahl's falling into Taliban hands. I don't recall reading about anyone coming forward from Bergdahl's army unit to make any claims of traitorous activity, like we are seeing and reading about today.
ReplyDeleteI'm just curious about the procedure for charging Bergdahl with any violations under the uniform code of military justice. If it comes down to Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel to make such a decision, I see Bergdahl walking away from any responsibility.