By Elizabeth Nelson
I'm not one to say, "I told you
so," but even I might say "I told you so" with this one.
It never ceases to amaze me how we conservatives continue to shout the alarm,
usually into the wind, and usually to no avail. It also never ceases to amaze me
how liberals, usually with the help of the media, are able to paint
conservatives as crazy weirdos over and over again. However, isn't it awesome when one of us
wacko-birds can once again come out and say, "I told you so?"
Just like Mitt Romney was mocked for his “Cold War” mentality when he warned everyone about Russian aggression, candidate Sarah Palin was ridiculed for similar warnings she made four years earlier about then Senator Obama:
Though she was mocked for it, Palin actually speculated in 2008 that Russian President Vladimir Putin would be encouraged to invade Ukraine after President Barack Obama’s weak response to the nation invading Georgia.
“After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia’s Putin to invade Ukraine next,” Palin told Foreign Policy in 2008, “
As Mediaite’s Andrew Kirell points out, conservative websites and personalities are reminding people of the quote. Read more Blaze
Palin herself took to Facebook on Friday to remind supporters of her 2008 prediction.
She wrote: "Here’s what this ‘stupid’ ‘insipid woman’ predicted back in 2008. Yes, I could see this one from Alaska. I’m usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as ‘an extremely far-fetched scenario’ by the ‘high-brow’ Foreign Policy magazine,”
I find it oddly funny that conservatives are being vindicated left and right but also extremely sad that two outsiders like
Romney and Palin can not only have more guts, spine and nerves than our spineless
whelp of a leader, when he is supposed to have all of the intel and knowledge at his fingertips.
Not only that, but they also seemed to have far more insight and foresight into what would come
and sadly I feel that either of them would have been the better "man"
for the job than the idiot we have in office at the moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment