February 28, 2011

The unbearable stupidity of being an ignorant tool



Seanator Rand Paul tries to talk to Progressive fool as if Progressive fool were an adult. I put Dave's part of the transcript in bold because such spectacular toolery deserves to be highlighted.
..........................................
NewsBusters
(excerpt)
PAUL: If you look at the taxes, if you look at the income tax, the top 1 percent pay about a third of the income tax. The top 50 percent -- those who make $70,000 and above -- pay 96 percent of the income tax, so the middle class and above are paying all of the income tax. We are paying our fair share. Even you are probably paying your fair share.

LETTERMAN: Right, I think there’s something wrong with those numbers. I don't know what it is exactly, but I'm pretty sure there’s something wrong with them. Because you’re talking about -- thank you, you're applauding my stupidity. God bless you. I just don't, I don't think it makes sense to me. You look at these people in Wisconsin, and we're talking about, you know, the people we've been talking about, why don't we just raise the taxes and let these folks have their collective bargaining, have their union representation and go back to their jobs? Raise the taxes on the wealthy or don't even cut the taxes.

PAUL: But I guess the argument is, is you have to look at the details and say: Have we been generous with teachers in Wisconsin? The average teacher in Wisconsin is making $89,000 a year to work nine months.

LETTERMAN: They should be making twice that. The school system in the United States of America is in desperate need of attention. I mean, we agree on that. The school system is bereft. It needs attention. It has fallen behind. We are embarrassingly trailing other nations in terms of public schools.

PAUL: Yes, we can agree, we can agree to the problem, but here's the rub. In Washington, D.C., we spend $20,000 per pupil and we still have a crummy school system that’s failing our kids, our kids are dropping out. Half of them are dropping out before they finish high school, their scores are abysmal, and we spend more and more money. So money's not always the answer. You have to do something, but I think part of the problem is we’ve taken education from the local sphere and now we control it from Washington. I think that's been a mistake.

LETTERMAN: Well, something has gone haywire because it's not working. And I'm not sure that I agree with that argument. And, by the way, if we’re going to throw money at something, what about education? You know, for God’s sakes, let's just see if it improves somehow.

1 comment:

  1. Ignat Tool. Describes him perfectly.
    He was once a funny man, looong time ago.

    ReplyDelete