By Kim D.
Imagine
strolling down the street and happening upon a pack of feminists wearing white
pants, noticeably stained in red at the crotch area. Most would react with
horror until they saw the women laughing and obviously unharmed. Naturally,
such a sight would lead to a question of why on earth women would be parading around
in bloody pants.
Meet Sangre
Menstrual and their feminist performance artwork who recently took to the
streets to visually demonstrate their Manifesto for the Visibility of the Period.
According to Beautiful/Decay, by making a public display of their shedding uterine
linings, the group hopes to reclaim the female body and free normal bodily
functions from shame and judgment. Since the earliest books of the bible and
before, menstruation has been viewed as unclean, and often women have even been
kept separate from men during their periods. Sangre Menstrual, whose name
literally translates to “menstrual blood,” intends to change all that. In their
manifesto, the group of women write, “I stain [my pants], and it doesn’t make
me sick. I stain [my pants] and I don’t find it disgusting.”
These women do not appreciate how well they have it. For all their complaints, things are not so bad for them. Life is not perfect for us men, either. For as oppressed as they believe they are, let's give them five minutes at the Sharia-World Amusement Park - I'm betting their viewpoint would (hopefully) change. Enjoy your freedom, ladies.
ReplyDeleteCan we assume these females (they clearly are not ladies) also walk around with shit in their pants? That's a normal bodily function, too...
ReplyDeleteMake no mistake about it - this is a war on men. You guys need to form a support group a.s.a.p. and stop taking this crap i.m.h.o.
ReplyDeleteMight as well - and by the way - no woman wants to walk around with blood in their pants - the entire premise that we are shamed to hide a period cycle is a bunch of baloney.
ReplyDeleteYou read something in my comment that simply isn't there. I'm not whining about how unfair everything is. I don't play those games. No support group needed. Whining. Cheap stunts. Fake outrage. - That's a liberal thing.
ReplyDeleteNo, I understood you, Joe and appreciate your comments. You are mistaking my twisted sense of humor. It wouldn't go over well if men formed such a group. Real men don't whine :-)
ReplyDelete