By Elizabeth Nelson
Don't get me wrong, what happened in Boko Haram, in the
kidnapping of those Nigerian girls, is horrible, but America sat hashtag silent while Boko Haram burned dozens of teenage
boys to death and did the same thing to an entire village.
So, do we really think the Boko Haram,
sitting in that thick jungle, is on their computers and getting a crisp
Wi-Fi signal, is crying over our feel good "hashtag activism" or are even taking it
seriously?
Ann Coulter is one of America’s most dauntless conservatives and must be on the same Hashtag track I'm on, because I'm
laughing at her amazing take-down of the warm fuzzy “hashtag
activism” that has so gripped America like a liberal mental disease.
My hashtag contribution to world affairs ... pic.twitter.com/Wkb8ozYZFC
— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) May 12, 2014
Here's the pouty face Michelle Obama Tweet, that I'm
sure had the Boko Haram terrorist Organization calling their mothers and
apologizing for there bad behavior:
Our prayers are with the missing Nigerian girls and their families. It's time to #BringBackOurGirls. -mo pic.twitter.com/glDKDotJRt
— The First Lady (@FLOTUS) May 7, 2014
Even
George Will's admits,
"it’s an
exercise in self-esteem" and "will only make the tweeter feel better
about themselves," so hey, knock yourself out. #warmfuzzy
"I do
not know how adults can stand there, facing a camera, and say “bring back our
girls.”
Are these
barbarians in the wilds of Nigeria are supposed to check their Twitter accounts and
say “Uh Oh, Michelle Obama is very cross with us, we’d better change our behavior”?

Boy, wait to miss the point. It's a way to make people more aware of what is happening. As I understand, governmental factions are indeed looking into a way to get them back.
ReplyDeleteJust for the record, it is actually not "your" hashtag campaign. It is a campaign started by Nigerians in Nigeria and directed at the Nigerian government. Now, you are welcome to join us (and we are certainly glad for all who have freely opted to) or feel free to stay away, but it is in extremely poor taste to mock us. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteWe are not mocking anyone other than our inept hypocritical pollitical figures in DC.
ReplyDeleteHillary Clinton refused to label Boko Haram as a terrorist organization while she was Sec of State.
Terrorists do not get the point of Twitter hashtag campaigns.
They understand violence only.
We find Boko Haram's actions deplorable.
We also find the ineptitude displayed by the U.S. government in events emboldening terrorists to be deplorable and extremely mock worthy.
Thank you both (herin and 9J) for stopping by, and for both of you for proving my point that liberals read what they want to read and take away what they wish to ...
ReplyDeleteFor you both missed the fact that this inept administration - and the feel good liberal Hollywood that is hashtaging to make themselves feel better - never once bothered to start, or even join, a "hashtag" twit-fest, to "make people aware" of the village that Boko Haram burned to death or the dozens of teen boys they did the same too, or will bother to lift a typed finger to do the same for our soldier who is still in a prison in Mexico or our American pastor, who is also being held in an Iranian Prison. **crickets** What? No hashtag awareness for them?
Yet, we will all be joiners for Nigerians or Syrians because it makes us an instant activist and "makes us look better" on Twitter.
Well that sucks, I get home from work and waste my time coming up with a response to "Realist," only to find out that the Anon is nothing more than a bot, and one with a cheap program that got stuck in a copy&paste loop, by the looks of it? :oP Oh, the things you brought back from your vacation, Will. LOL
ReplyDeleteObamabot deleted and destroyed, darlin'.
ReplyDeleteThank you, sweetness, I talk to myself quite enough as it is, but I draw the line at arguing with myself. ROFL
ReplyDeletepoor little liberal, you "don't even do Twitter," why am I wasting my time then? Here I thought you actually knew what you were talking about, but that would be an oxymoron, you don't even understand what a hashtag is, what it does or where it originated.
ReplyDeleteI don't need to start a #warmfuzzy hashtag for them, I actually get the information out about who they are and where they are. Do you not get it, hashtag activism only serves to make you feel better about yourself? I already have a strong self-esteem, I don't need to be a hashtag joiner, I'm already getting the message out.
So go back to your FaceBook page, that has now decided to become a poser hashtager, because it is so popular on Twitter.