UPDATE: emails regarding this post have made necessary the clearing up of a misconception. I, Will Profit, am NOT Robert Janicki. If you have been following this blog you know I have the writing talent of a chimpanzee turned loose with a dull crayon.
Robert is a man with the ability to write suberb posts such as this one. I am proud to have him as a contributor here at the asylum. Look for more posts by Robert at Capitalist Preservation. I mean...I have begged him to write more!
Will Profit
.....................................
Op/Ed: by Robert Janicki
 |
| Robert Janicki: Retired educator |
"At what point does this political protest in Madison, by union thugs, become classified as civil insurrection and revolt? It's one thing to protest on the steps of the capitol building and another thing to bring the legislative process to a complete halt with the obvious threat of physical deterrence of legislators in the performance of their sworn duty as duly elected representatives of the people of Wisconsin. Where were the capitol police from the very beginning? Why weren't guidelines immediately put into place limiting the manner and means of protest for the physical safety of all concerned and the physical integrity of the capitol building itself? Reports indicate that there has been substantial and costly damage to the capitol building running more than one million dollars. Again, where were the capitol police? Were they forgoing their sworn duty to uphold the law to protect the health, welfare and safety of those lawfully in the capitol building, to subtly support the protesting thugs? I would hope not, but it does make a reasonable person wonder."
On one hand, I'm discussed with all the events in Madison and the lack of order. It's scary that the police refuse to do their job rather then do what they are hired to do....Union allegiance over public duty.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, I say let them go on, they are showing the entire country the real thuggish side of the largest single contributer of the democrat party and and supporter of the Boy Emperor in Washington!
D.S,
ReplyDeleteI agree with both of your points. While I think the mob mentality and actions of the union thugs are deplorable, it does highlight, as you stated, just how far the liberal/progressive public unions and their imported thugs and agitators will go to thwart the duly elected representatives in WI.
I believe these union actions as seen all over the vast communication system we have, will tip the balance of public opinion against the radical leftists in the minds of the undecided voters.
I don't see a successful legal court challenge against the legislative process employed yesterday and today by the Republican majorities in both houses.
That leaves the recall process, which takes time and the financial resources of proponents for recall. The union money will certainly be there, but they can't fight the calendar. And, if the unions should fail in their recall effort...what then? Will we see continuing protests or worse?
The public unions and their Democrat co-conspirators have put themselves in a box in the face of a building tsunami of public unrest with unions and big government overspending.
Just to dispel any lingering questions or doubts, I live in the marginal hill country of the Inland Empire of Southern California, whereas Will, I believe, is from the Texas hill country near Austin.
ReplyDeleteI do live in a community that 40 years ago was a working cattle ranch. I can still see a few cattle grazing almost a half mile away from my near hill top home. If I walk six homes up the hill, I can see the San Gabriel mountains in all their winter glory with snow on the peaks.
Another interesting tidbit of trivia is that within several miles of my home I can see oil derricks occasionally pumping away at age old marginal wells only profitable when the price of oil goes up.