July 30, 2012

COUNTDOWN: 100 Days and 100 Reasons - #99

Every day, I’ll be counting down to election day 2012.  And every day, I’ll be giving you a reason why you SHOULDN’T vote for Obama. So let’s continue the countdown!

Reason #99:  He’s a gin drinker.

He does not fit the persona of someone that drinks gin.  He’s more the ripple-in-a-brown-bag kind of guy.  Here’s some REAL men that like gin and what they have to say about it:

Robert Benchley, writer:  "Let's slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini."



Humphrey Bogart, actor (my personal favorite): "The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."

Bond…James Bond:  "Shaken, not stirred."

F. Scott Fitzgerald, writer:  "Sometimes I wish I'd went through those good times stone cold sober so I could remember everything…but then again, if I had been sober, the times probably wouldn't have been worth remembering."   That's kind of how we feel about Obama.

14 comments:

  1. I like your melding of images and captions. They make for stark statements that capture the viewers attention, especially for guys like me with a short attention span.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh some random google image search landed me on your page and I want to throw my morning martini in your face.
    White Male Dominance Preservation, if I may call you that, I know this is hard for you to understand, so I’m going to say it slowly:
    That
    is
    racist.


    Also, Obama's a gin drinker? I love him even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe him to be a latent homosexual as well as a 'Ripple in a brown bag kind of guy' enjoy your martini.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What were you searching for - Obama Koolaid? And I'm the dominant one here - power to the white, thinking female! BTW, your comment was sexist. It might help you think clearer if you lay off the booze for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The morning martini thing was a joke, but I didn't expect you to get it.
    Re: my comment was sexist.

    No.

    It wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's usually the first sign of a problem: denial . And you're right , it wasn't sexist. It was sexist and racist. You see, white is a race also. And male is a sex.... Or are you one of those NOW proponents?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got your joke. I was doing you a favor by not pointing out how pathetic it was. Google search got you here? What key words did you use? Obama -Gin - Alpha Male - Lonely Spinster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are not disagreeing on the meaning of race and sex. We are disagreeing on the meaning of racism and sexism.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sir, are the problem with America.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No pal, people who say I am the problem with America are the problem. I am part of the solution.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't even begin. Moving along now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...Moving along back to watching MSNBC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank God you're moving on. We evil capitalists have other things to do that are a little more meaningful. Enjoy your drink - - just don't spend all your Obama $$'s on gin.

    ReplyDelete