March 3, 2012

Do ya miss me yet?

Yesterday, my wife took a little spill on the sidewalk leading to our driveway. She banged up her face, knee, and, wrist pretty good. A trip to the emergency room shows nothing appears to be broken. She's hurting a lot today.
I'll resume yer regularly scheduled broadcast soon.
Cheers,
Will


9 comments:

  1. Were you interrogated  by the hospital staff? I say that from personal experience after my wife slipped on ice in our driveway a few years back (black eye and bruises). I wouldn't let her leave the house for a week after that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I was expecting it though. I used to get the third degree when I would have to take my daughter in for sports related injuries. This time it was a very professional staff who focused on helping the patient instead of wasting time playing cops and robbers. 

    ReplyDelete
  3.  You were in luck then! I am relieved your better half has no lingering or permanent damage. I did not fare as well yesterday, my shadow determined to not be preggers and the vet going ahead with the spay. My little love didn't wake up easily from the anesthesia and is still at the animal hospital semi-comatose. we will go back to see her in a bit. My wife is inconsolable about this, weeping and depressed. Say a prayer as our pup is my wife's emotional support animal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers and kind thoughts for Mrs. P...

    ReplyDelete
  5.  How sad.  I'll send some puppy prayers.

    I always have an IV fluid line when my babies are going under anesthesia.  It costs an extra $30.00 or so, but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please extend my best wishes for a speedy recovery to your wife.  One of my dogs, the other day, decided to cut in front of me and then stop.  I did a "header" and came close to making a one point landing on my face.  Fortunately, I managed to regain control before anything serious happened.  I gave Rascal a piece of my mind on that stunt.  He reminded me that I was the guy with the supposedly bigger brain and should have been better prepared.  Hard to beat dog logic.

    ReplyDelete
  7.  Each time the dogs had to be put down, I got the job.  Please let your wife know I commiserate with her, but reassure her the dog is alive and coming home. And then, good things will follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sending my best regards to your wife. I am so sorry this happened. There is that awful sickening feeling as you know you're going to go down! Yech.  

    ReplyDelete
  9.  And they did. My shadow is frisky and bright eyed. Not quite as frisky as usual and a bit off her feed, even turning her nose up at venison (her favorite) in favor of snuggles and reassurances.

    ReplyDelete