The election is fast-approaching and voters are tuning in to all sorts of things to help them cope & get some comforting words of wisdom: talk show hosts that share their political leanings, water cooler gossip, and social media sites to name a few. And some are turning to religion to try and make sense of why bad things happen to a good nation.
As a Christian, I know the importance of faith. And Psalm 23 is one religious reading that everyone can identify with. Aside from John 3:16, it’s probably the most widely recognizable Scripture in society. From a comfort standpoint, I believe - hands down - that it is THE single most quoted Scripture at funerals, bar none.
So as we wait for President Obama's term to 'expire', I felt a political Psalm 23 would be appropriate to mark his impending political funeral. I hope it will cause you to reflect on your own political faith as well as just how far backward we’ve gone with #Gen44.

Welcome to CP, Correctamundo! I can see why Will fell in love! Got something to say that doesn't quite fit into Emily Post's Etiquette Book? This is the place to let it all hang out. Even the music is "educational." Willkommen!
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I will have to pass on with a hat tip. Welcome to Capitalist Preservation Correctamundo.
ReplyDeleteAbout time this outfit hired some good help(Janicki excluded)...And that is so linked at my slum.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link. Janicki may be able to write, but he can't hit a curve ball worth a damn.
ReplyDeleteNor a stationary target it seems ...
ReplyDeleteThanks, everyone, for the kind words! I do apologize for not answering sooner. As I explained to Will, the ROM on my Kindle won't let me respond to DISQUS for some reason. So I have to go upstairs on my regular computer. And since everything started happening at night and hubby's home by then, I don't do as much internet stuff in the evening and especially not on my regular computer. So I wait until the next day to drag my body upstairs. LOL
ReplyDeleteBut now that I'm here and I'm not getting paid, I demand a union be formed!!
You demand a union be formed here? You will be the first union shop steward I have ever had the pleasure of firing.
ReplyDeleteLol....
ReplyDelete