October 9, 2011

Governor Moonbeam: I have a dream...act


can now apply for state-funded scholarships and aid at state universities after Gov. Jerry Brown announced Saturday that he has signed the second half of a legislative package focused on such students.

AB131 by Assemblyman Gil Cedillo, D-Los Angeles, is the second half of the California Dream Act. Brown signed the first half of the package in July, which approved private scholarships and loans for students who are illegal immigrants.  [...]


3 comments:

  1. California fly paper - sanctuary cities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm one of the California taxpayers on the hook for our schmuck governor's signing of this monstrous law rewarding illegal aliens with state funded subsidized education here in California. If the housing market wasn't so depressed here, I would move out of California in a heart beat and I would probably move to Texas or Arizona. I especially like their gun laws favoring the individual's right to defend themselves with the right to carry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hey, so would I, but I can't sell my house, so I'm staying a while. I think the '12 election will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete